The DEEP project (Disability and professional Empowerment Engaging 3d Printing) is started!
Deep is a project funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ program
“Cooperation Partnerships in Vocational Education and Training” (KA220-VET). Deep involves 5
partners from four EU countries: Italy (Villa delle Magnolie Clinic and HUB spa), Spain
(Autonomous University of Barcelona), Czech Republic (Hertin Training Center) and
Luxembourg (Technoport SA).
The general objective of the DEEP project is to create an innovative training model that aims
to bring the world of disability closer to that of 3D printing.
The specific objectives of DEEP are to:
• Develop skills in the field of 3D prototyping;
• Bring the world of social and health care to the potential of the use of 3D printing in the
world of disability;
• Make makers acquire and increase in social and health professionals, relational and
pro-social skills essential to work with people with disabilities;
• Achieve the description of units of learning outcomes assessable and, therefore,
usable in the description and evaluation of professional profiles.
The main activities of the project are:
• Creation of the DEEP training model including State of the Art, training package
addressed to the direct target, guidelines for cooperation with people with disabilities,
definition of criteria for the selection of the direct target;
• Implementation of a training course including trainer training for partnership
professionals and a pilot training course of the multi-actor target audience (health
professionals, occupational therapists, makers);
• Field Implementation that will involve people with disabilities and the various
professionals trained in order to make prototypes through the use of 3D printer;
• Networking, monitoring and dissemination of results.
The expected outcomes of the project are divided according to DEEP’s direct and indirect
Reference to direct target (health care professionals, occupational therapists, makers) we
• Increased knowledge on the topic of disability;
• Increased knowledge and skills in 3D prototyping;
• Increased knowledge of the world of aids and regulatory frameworks of reference;
• Increased of pro-social and motivational skills of professionals as a mode of approach
in dealing with people with disabilities.
In relation to the indirect target (people with disabilities), we expect:
• Increased sense of self-efficacy through active participation in the design and
creation of the aids;
• Increased motivation to fully partecipate to the paths and treatments that best meet
• Acquisition of basic knowledge and skills with respect to the use of the 3D printer.
In terms of impact on the direct target, a 20% increase in the number of professionals
interested in the proposed training is expected compared to the project’s baseline of 160
In terms of indirect target, we expect the involvement of more than 1000 subjects by the
participating institutions in the 4 countries.
You can find more information about the project at: https://www.deepprojecterasmus.eu/
We are waiting for you!
Regarding the DEEP (Disability and professional Empowerment Engaging 3d Printing) projectfunded by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ program “Cooperation Partnerships in Vocational Education and Training” (KA220-VET) involving 5 partners from four EU countries,
we would like to inform you that the training of trainers has been completed.
In order to bring the world of disability to the world of 3D printing, 18 expert trainers participated in the training of trainers, held in Italy, with the aim of developing the training
model to later implement pilot courses in partner Countries.
We also hereby take this opportunity to inform you of the publication of the DEEP handbook, in the different partner languages, on the official project website.
You can find more information and download the DEEP handbook at the following link:
We are waiting for you! consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vitae, eleifend acer sem neque sed ipsum. Nam quam nunc, blandit vel, ridiculus mus.
Villa delle Magnolie nasce offrendo i propri servizi nel ramo della riabilitazione intensiva, produce ed eroga in modo efficiente servizi sanitari e cure di base e di elevata complessità, scientificamente provata e di adeguata efficacia. Villa delle Magnolie è un centro accreditato per le prestazioni specialistiche e riabilitative erogate in regime di day hospital e ordinario. Villa delle magnoli in qualità di Richiedente del progetto deep, parteciperà alle attività formative del progetto mettendo a disposizione e le proprie competenze risorse e mettendo a disposizione gli operatori sanitari nonché gli strumenti a disposizione per l’esperienza maturata sul campo. Villa delle Magnolie in qualità di capofila del progetto DEEP si occuperà del coordinamento e darà un prezioso contributo al monitoraggio dell’applicazione sul campo del modello DEEP. Villa delle Magnolie avrà il compito di promuovere l’informazione sulle tecnologie innovative nel campo dell’inclusione sociale e lavorativa delle persone con disabilità. Ciò sarà possibile grazie alla collaborazione della Clinica con diverse cooperative sanitarie ma anche agli accordi siglati con diverse aziende sul territorio locale e nazionale, tra cui l’Azienda sanitaria locale e con le Università, tra cui l’Università Luigi Vanvitelli. La diffusione avverrà anche attraverso importanti e numerosi convegni medici di aggiornamento e formazione continua (CME) che la Clinica organizza e ospita ogni anno.